Networking events provides an opportunity for Pitt alumni in your region to get together and create personal & professional Pitt connections.
PLANNING YOUR NETWORKING EVENT
- Select a central venue that has easy access to parking or public transportation. Contact the venue and let them know you'd like to host an event.
- Do not select a location with a room rental, reservation charge, or minimum charge. Remember that you are driving traffic to this establishment, so they should be happy to have you!
- Semi-private spaces often work better than separate rooms, because people have more freedom to move about the room and like having the ability to order drinks directly from the bar.
- Find out if any drink or appetizer specials can be offered. These events are typically cash bar, and should not cost any participants more than their own bill at the end of the event.
- Set the event time to what works best for the people in your area. We recommend 1½ - 2 hours. Successful events usually begin between 5:30 - 6:00 p.m..
- Submit your event details HERE. The Pitt Alumni Association will support your event by sending dedicated e-mails to alumni in your region and/or posting event notices on our website/social media platforms
- Encourage participation on your club social media platforms and in any e-mails you may be planning to send.
- You can request an event package for use at your gathering (request must be submitted at least 2 weeks prior to event date) that may include any of the following items: Pompoms, Pitt Table Tents, Pitt Signs, Stickers, Balloons, Nametags, Sign-in Sheets, Limited Giveaways, PAA pamphlets, and Athletics schedules/posters.
AT THE EVENT
- A designated host should plan to arrive at least 30 minutes before the start of the event to set up and ensure all accommodations are in order.
- Have a great time and take pictures!
AFTER THE EVENT
- Let folks know how it went! Post pictures and details on your club’s social media platforms.